Friday, March 27, 2009

Good Morning!

I would like to continue reading your blogs as we continue with our next module which is Debating. Do you know what a debate is? If you think you do, come up with some awesome debate topics for our class on Monday, March 31, 2009. We will start learning all there is to learn about debating and more. We will spend some time in the computer lab as well for our next module. Please continue to check this blog as I will be asking you questions on debating and hopefully you will be posting your own reflections as well.

2 comments:

  1. Your application of the web tools provided to us this semester were well used. Exceptional organization in its structure Rheda, I found it easy to navigate through. In the process did the students respond well to the assignments? How much computer time was allotted for the students? Did students do work at home? Were students on task for the entire alloted? If not what distracted them? In my school students tend to excessively use social networking sites like facebook or moco so therefore stray from the given task. Did you contemplate posting the students work on the blog?

    When I watched your videos it got me thinking of how perfect those little clips are for beginning conversation? With a projector all could view at once and begin a conversation. You gotta love youtube.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that the students responded well but they to were distracted by facebook and bebo. I had 56 minutes every day for one week. I wish my students had done some of the work at home, but most of them do not have access to the Internet at home.The students had a choice of handing in a written assignment or posting on their blog. I enjoyed doing this project with them. I am going to continue posting comments and checking their blogs until the end of the semester.

    ReplyDelete